Sep 2, 2014

Kindness of Others

Now that I am starting my practice, I would like to acknowledge the people for kindness and generosity I encountered along the way.

Before I started the massage school, I contacted massage therapists I found on the internet.  We never met, but they answered all my questions and offered me valuable advice.  They told me to make the most of the school and what to expect as a massage therapist.  

The instructors and staff members (who are all massage therapists) at the Florida School of Massage not only taught us massage skills and other valuable knowledge, but also supported us as a whole, even for personal matters, outside their work hours.  Although I didn’t go through a crisis or burnout, I knew that they were there for me any time, which gave me comfort.  They did show us a “holistic” approach of massage therapy.   

The clients at the Student Clinic at school and volunteers for my practice massage gave me confidence.  Their open-mindedness and appreciation for my massage definitely made me become a better massage therapist.   

Way before I decided to be a massage therapist, and when I was finally setting up my practice, the counselors at the local chapter of SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) helped me figure out what I needed to do.  They want me confident and have fun running a business.  As I didn’t have any background in business, they have been and will be great support.     

And lastly, my husband, who never had second thoughts about me becoming a massage therapist.